Sunday, December 16, 2007

Preparations

We filled up the gas cans, the snowblower is full, so is the car. We charged all the flashlights, brought in wood, stocked up on vittles (oh wait, I always do that) and battened down the hatches to prepare for the big storm that all the weather services are saying is coming. As I typed this the snow has been coming down for about two football games already, apparently there could be up to 40 cms before it is all done...woo hoo...well at least I don’t have to drive in it. The wind is supposed to get gusty too up to 90 kmh but that seems about the norm lately. Odo and Loki are already enjoying the snow and playing king of the snow mound regularly. We’ve got candles galore but then we always did so we didn’t have to do any extra work in that regard. The gas station was quite busy today, I guess everyone was making sure they had enough gas for their machines, and the church was packed but since it was Sunday, I’m guessing that it wasn’t too unusual. As you can see from the photos, it was getting quite dark when I went to get gas so we’ll see how it plays out. It should be fun to watch everyone going to work but I don’t wish any accidents on anyone, everyone should get to stay home, other than emergency people, on days like this.

No comments: