Saturday, December 15, 2007

Big Storm Coming

The ever efficient weather services of Canada tell us that there is a big storm coming. They have even gone so far as to offer suggestions for emergency kits. NB Power is bringing all of their staff back to work to be ready for it and are suggesting that we be prepared for power outages for as long as three days. Yippee!! Today I have to blow the 4 inches of snow we got yesterday off of the driveway to make room for the blizzard to come. Then it's off to the gas station to fill up our gas cans. My old work flashlights and my cell phone are being charged as I type and we already have candles. Heat isn't a problem since we heat with firewood anyway. Loki and Odo are looking forward to the new snow since they have burrowed their way through the last snowfall already. They love the snow! I don't mind it as much now since I don't have to drive to work or anywhere for that matter. We are well stocked for food and we just have to fill the bathtub with water for the toilet and we are good to go. I'll let you know how we make out.

No comments: