Monday, December 31, 2007

Almost There

As we head into the New Year and I watch the snow falling again, covering the driveway that I just cleared yesterday of a foot of snow, I wonder if all winters in NB are going to be like this. At least it gets me out of the house. Makes it harder to feed the birds and squirrels, the snow is almost up to the bottom of the hanging bird feeder and the wishing well is almost covered. One thing we don't have to worry about is getting up early to shovel before we head off to work and that's a great relief. I see that Edmonton is going to enter the New Year with a smoking ban around all public buildings and doorways, it should make smoking at work a real treat, again, something that I am not going to miss. Traded emails with Debbie today, it looks like things are going well with her and Graham seems to be doing well too. I do miss the daily kibitzing and the camaraderie that I enjoyed in my last years at work, although I still get up for work at the same time 0500hrs and still have my morning coffees at 0800hrs, we only have each other for company now but Lynn is a pretty good kibitzer if ever there was one and between us we can find enough to take shots at what with the Liberals, anti-smoking groups and Quebecers to keep us occupied. I think we'll be doing just fine in the future year ahead of us. Our first year of retirement lies ahead and I am happily anticipating it. To all of our friends and family all the best to all of you in the coming year!

No comments: