Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Wonderful Holiday

I survived the plane trip to Toronto but only barely. You fly a turboprop from the Bathurst airport to Montreal where you board a real plane for the rest of the trip. All in all it wasn't so bad other than getting lost in the Montreal airport and not having enough time between flights for a smoke. I arrived in Toronto, my luggage was the second bag off the plane and I was outside smoking before I knew it. I waited patiently there for my brother to pick me up and was merrily sitting and smoking when I noticed their truck, I waved and waved but they drove right by me, it could have been the blonde chick standing next to where I was sitting that caused the problem or it could have been, as my brother said when he finally came around and found me, that he hadn't been looking for Custer. My hair is a little longer than they are used to. A relatively quick trip back to their house where Anna was waiting and I was once again transported back to my youth. I never fail to feel like I'm 12 years old again when I am with them. Anna is quick to feed me whatever my heart desires and Rick never changes, it's like I'm in some kind of time warp. Dad looks good, he's wearing two hearing aids now and his hair has finally gone all grey but he still has all of it and he's still skinny, maybe a little skinnier than I remember but then I'm a lot fatter than he probably remembers too :)

No comments: