Saturday, July 26, 2008

Finally Home

I'm not going to go into every detail of the nightmare getting home from TO was, suffice it to say, I am not impressed with Air Canada (who is?) nor the staff in either airport. I was very very happy to finally touch down and see Lynn and Odette waiting for me. I was still a little upset when I got outside and a fellow passenger was more than happy to teach me some new french words to describe my flight. It no longer mattered though, I was home, I had my wife, my truck and a feeling that I belonged somewhere again. Even driving the truck was fun since I knew where I was going and that made all the difference in the world, I was going home.

Lynn had made pork chops in sauce with mashed potatoes for me and that's what I stuffed my face with when we got home after greeting my three best fans, Jake had an acadian flag neck kerchief on and boy was he ever big, all of them were very happy to see me and I was very very happy to see them. We all talked for an hour or so and then we all went to bed. Oh my, if I thought the hospital bed was Nirvana, I can't begin to describe sleeping in my own bed!


No comments: