Friday, October 16, 2009

Another Passing

It seems like hardly any time at all has passed since my retirement and the time I spent working went by just as fast. I expect of course, to occasionally hear of a members passing and some of those members I remember vaguely because they retired when I was just beginning my career, others I remember much more vividly. I was shocked to hear of Guy's passing, we were not especially close but I remember him as an outgoing, grab life by the horns kind of guy and he was a hoot! I remember him with Scotty, I remember him at Cook County, a big ol bear of a guy, who you could always count on for help. I am sorry that he is gone and I am sure that his loss will be felt by many. His Facebook page was still up as of yesterday and the profile picture of him reminded me of how little he had changed over the years, although I don't remember him being all dressed up like that but he cut a fine figure. He will be missed.

No comments: