Thursday, February 26, 2009

We Now Have a Date

The moment has finally arrived, we received a call from the doctors office. My surgery will be on the 12th of March. It's scheduled to run from 1130 to 1500hrs, three and a half hours. Now all I have to do is shake this cold that has been plaguing both of us and has happily settled into my chest. They are concerned that if I can't get rid of the cold they'll have to cancel the surgery. That concerns me too but so does the not being able to breathe after going up a flight of stairs. Sheesh...but it is getting better. I have to buy some jammies for my hospital stay, oh and some slippers too. With any luck they say I should only have to be there for a couple of days. I'll head to my regular doctors office today, hopefully to get some meds to finish off this cold and we'll be good to go.

The doctor is extremely confidant and enthusiastic, highly recommended by the urologist in Bathurst and both of them are pleased that they found this thing early and that the prognosis is very good. Their optimism is heartening. I am not sure what life will be like with only one kidney but it sure beats the alternative. I'll be glad when it's all done.

No comments: