Saturday, May 24, 2008

Pause for Reflection

We were out buying a graduation card for Garrick and after picking the appropriately funny one, we headed off on our mission to procure trees and shrubs for the house. We planted four rosebushes in our front flowerbed, ordered another apple tree to replace the one that was mangled by all the snow and four bushes to plant alongside the fence to shield the neighbors from the hounds from hell or Petit-Rocher, whichever works for you.

We couldn't arrange the flight for Jonathan due to AirMiles restrictions on one way fares so he will have to come out another time. It was a shame because I know he was looking forward to the visit and so were we, well with any luck we'll have him before the winter or in the following spring.

I'll be heading off to see my family in Toronto in a month or so and that will be nice, I'll even be there for Dads birthday, he turns fifty this year, which makes me thirty and my brothers in their forties. With my kids being in their twenties, this is gonna be a hard sell :) It will be an occasion nonetheless. Anna's cooking, Rick's movies and nephews and nieces galore along with all of their children, it's always such a busy and vibrant place. My hair might even be longer than Tedd's now, that would be something, oh and regardless if it is or not, I have no grey :)

I'll post some more pictures of the puppy since he is growing so fast, he'll be a dog in no time at all. He had his first trip to the beach a few days ago and it was an exciting time for him and for us too since we haven't owned a dog like him before, he can be let off leash, he doesn't run away, doesn't bark at everything he sees and generally is everything they say that a golden retriever is, a family dog.

No comments: